Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 2

Today we were able to leave the peninsula and go to a couple of the museums that are close by. The first museum that we went to was the Wildlife Center. Here you could learn about the different wildlife that live in the Adirondack mountains. It was interesting because I was learning a lot about the different fish that live in the lakes up here. I am not very familiar with fish because I didn't go fishing that much as a child. It was nice to see the different types of fish as well as read about them.

After we explored the Wildlife Center, we ventured over to the Adirondack Museum where it tells us about more of the history behind everything. This was such an amazing experience because I enjoy learning about the history and the story behind things. Seeing all the old fashion horse and buggies and the house models really sparked an interest to me. It was also nice to go into the logging house because Courtney and I are doing our project on tree identification. We were able to learn so cool facts about trees that we didn't know before.

When given the chance to explore these museums one should always take it because I believe that you learn best when you explore. I am still patiently waiting to get out onto the water in my tube, however, the weather has not been that cooperative. I really want to experience as much as possible while I am up here so I can take it away with me and pass it along to friends who may be interested in coming up to the Adirondacks. 

Overall, today has been a great day because I am walking away with more knowledge than when I started. The museums were great and they were a lot of fun! Now it just needs to stop raining! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment